I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music...
I get most joy in life out of music.
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Date of Birth
February 15th 1977 06:47 CET
187cm (6' 8/5")
Gray / Olive Green
A cold Tuesday morning in February 1977, only hours before the first rays of dawn, Lars Norberg came into being. It took no less than 13 hours of labor, and at times the doctors were certain that both mother and child would perish. Yet they both prevailed, and thus the story begins.
Lars grew up with an artist father and a free thinking mother, in a home that encouraged all forms of arts, music and learning. Like his siblings, Lars did well in school, and learning came easy to him. He always got good grades, and the teachers were always happy with him. But a secret he kept from everybody, was that he simply didn't care. He read his books at the start of the year, and did nothing but simply attend thereafter. With school offering no challenges, he retreated into himself, choosing to explore the vast imaginary realms of the mind instead. Lars could spend hours upon hours dreaming up stories, drawing, building with Lego or creating great scenarios to support his various forms of play outdoors. He never much cared for what the other children in his neighborhood treasured, and thus his circle of friends became small, yet strong.
Early in his childhood Lars also showed great technical skills, especially in relation to computers. He wrote his first computer program at the age of 10, and by 15 he had progressed to creating simple 2D games for the Commodore Amiga. He has in recent years made a name out of creating a series of addons for the popular online game World of Warcraft.
At the age of 19, being a drop-out from high school, Lars decided to attend a year at the Buskerud Folk High School, or "Heimklang" as it's students and teachers lovingly refer to it. Here he would study music with focus on rock and metal. Folk high schools are one-year boarding schools that feature a close-knit learning community without exams and grades. They are considered to be a pure nordic phenomenon. At Heimklang Lars discovered a liberal and creative learning community that strongly emphasized on art and culture. Under the direction of the highly skilled Hungarian progressive rock musician Peter Paul Kantor, he was introduced to a whole new world of music and sound. During the year at Heimklang, Lars discovered great bands such as King Crimson, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Yes and Rush. Lars has later stated that without Heimklang, he would most likely have abandoned music, or have become the guy that picks up a guitar and sings at parties. It should be noted that Lars actually do sing at parties, no matter how much he denies it...
Fight Club, Underworld, Slumdog Millionaire, Pan's Labyrinth, Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven, Sunshine, The Air I Breathe
Songs of Earth and Power (Greg Bear), Centuries (A. A. Attanasio), Nightfall (Isaac Asimov w/ Robert Silverberg)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Legend of the Seeker, Dark Angel
Favorite Food & Drink
Anything with lots of chili and other strong spices. Lars consumes a normal bottle of Tabasco in 2-3 days. He prefers Mexican, Indian and Asian food. In that order. Beer is his drink of choice.
- Lars can drink Tabasco
- Lars doesn't like candy
- Lars doesn't like cake
- Lars isn't religious
- Lars sucks at finances
- Lars considers himself to be terrible in English
- Lars hasn't got a driver's license, nor does he wish to get one
- Lars has on several occasions scored above 150 on IQ tests
- The first day in his life had sunshine, blue skies, and minus 12 degrees Celsius
- Lars dismantled and reassembled a 100 year old clock without help at the age of 5
- Lars dropped out of high school at the age of 19, but later went back to complete the missing 2 years worth of education in a single month!
- Lars' mother went into labor on Valentine's day, but the birth took a good 13 hours, thus he wasn't born until the day after
- Lars learned the alphabet at the age of 3. When his proud mother then jokingly asked him to recite it backwards, he did
- The first song Lars ever learned to play on an electric guitar was Black Sabbath's "Heaven And Hell", and it was taught to him by his elder brother Ronny